Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting the Vintage On With Tres Beau

Sometimes I have this crazy dream where all of my teeth are falling out. As in, more teeth than 30 people combined could possibly have.  I know I'm stressing when I have this dream so I decided to kick back, finish my copy of "The Help" (which is amazing, especially for a first novel) and go for some retail therapy on Second Life.   Upon logging in, I saw Tres Beau was having a half-off sale at their mainstore!  I've had my eyeballs on a few ensembles in the retro/vintage section so after the lag died down, I hopped on over to snag what I have been coveting.  With my large tuxedo cat, Charles, warming my feet, here are some snaps of what is finally mine, all mine!


This piece from Tres Beau Designs by Kimmera Madison is called "Mahogany": Russett.  This is a closer deail of the finely detailed jacket with golden stiched trim and very fine buttons indeed just under the tucked in aviator's scarf.  Topping it all off is fedora with, yes, a feather.  I stopped by the Cod Supper Club to have a little stroll around in this piece.

Here is a fuller detail of the "Mahogany": Russett. As you can see, the slacks are gorgeously tailored to move with you when you walk and yet are very trim.  Kimmera has even included matching boots with just a slight heel so you don't trip over your cod supper.  And yes, they match, unlike my normal shoes.  Hats off to Tres Beau for saving me from another fashion faux pas. On second thought, I'll keep this hat on, thanks.

This is "Chaplin."  Not only is that the outfit's moniker but it's clearly designed as an homage to my favorite comedian and personal hero.  These happen to be the most detailed and finely designed high waist pants I have ever seen in SL.  The belt cinches at the waist and the top of the pants just sort of "floof" up in a very Tramp-esque fashion, attaching the delicious suspenders discreetly.  The bodice is a rosy color and the back detail has black netting connected to the bow tie and collar.  It's finished with flared driving gloves and a gauzy bubble scarf.  I believe this is a suitable (har har) tribute to the Little Tramp.

This is my artsy fartsy detail of me as The Tramp, having a nice stroll through the English countryside.

Zis is the "Hepburn" by Tres Beau Designs!  I'm going to take a guess that it's Katharine and not Audrey.  Both are personal heroes but Katharine more so because she carried off wearing pants and being classy in an era where it was still a bit taboo to do so.  This shot gives you a close glance at the swanky button down with just a peep of black bra (ooh la la!) tucked into high waist sorrel pants with flared pockets.  Again, a mahvalous tied belt made of crimson ruttan and delicate detailing on the tie so that it even glints in the sun.

Oh, did you think you were getting away without a bowler hat? Nope. In fact, I think this hat might do well with the "Chaplin" as well! What a topper!   
























Stylecard: "Mahogany": Russett by Tres Beau Designs
Skin: Maddy: Owl's Milk (Project Themeory item) by Al Vulo
Hair: Hat Hair: Medium: Brown (free!) by SF Design
Glasses: Sneaky Eyes Glasses: Fancy Pants by The Sweaty Badger

Stylecard: "Chaplin": by Tres Beau Designs
Hair: (first photo) Flowers by Fashionably Dead
         (second photo) Channel w/o Ribbons by !syDS!
Skin: Morning Sun: Winter 5 by Fashionably Dead
Glasses: Samuel: Tortoiseshell by Alphavillain
Mustache: Something I found in my inventory, floating around. If you really want it, just IM me.

Stylecard: "Hepburn" by Tres Beau Designs
Skin: Maddy: Owl's Milk (Project Themeory item) by Al Vulo
Hair: Flowers by Fashionably Dead
Glasses: Sneaky Eyes Glasses: Fancy Pants by The Sweaty Badger

All Poses by CheerNo Motion

Note: I'm still figuring out how to keep the captions on the photos from bleeding over. Bear with me. :>






No comments:

Post a Comment